- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint sauce
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on
high until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually a tablespoon at a time. Then add the food coloring.
- Place the mixture in a heavy plastic bag. Twist the bag shut and cut a
hole in one end of the bottom of the bag. On a parchment covered baking sheet, pipe the shamrock shape, or
spoon three dollops of meringue in a triangle and using a spoon dipped in water, spread the mounds to form
- Bake the shamrocks at 250 degrees F for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve the shamrocks topped with ice cream and mint sauce.