Pineapple Upside-Down Lime Mold
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, undrained
- Cold water
- 7 maraschino cherry halves
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) box JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, papaya or guava juice. Gelatin will
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1
1/2 cups; set aside.
- Arrange 7 pineapple slices in bottom of 9-inch round cake pan
sprayed with cooking spray. Place maraschino cherry half, cut-side up, in center
of each pineapple slice. Chop remaining pineapple slices; set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until
completely dissolved. Stir in measured pineapple juice and water. Remove 1 cup of
the gelatin; set aside at room temperature.
- Refrigerate remaining gelatin 1 1/2
hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
- Stir in chopped pineapple. Spoon gelatin over pineapple slices in pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set but not firm (should stick to finger when
touched and should mound).
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with wire whisk until creamy. Gradually beat
in reserved 1 cup gelatin. Pour over gelatin layer in pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
12 servings, about 1/2 cup each
How to Unmold Gelatin: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 sec. Gently pull gelatin
from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of mold.
Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen.
Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
How to Soften Cream Cheese: Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese
on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until slightly softened.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.