Pasta Salad with Salmon and Dill
Everyone loves pasta salad, but you can take it to the next level when you make pasta salad with salmon! It’s creamy, delicious and a healthy addition to any meal.
- 2 ounces gemelli pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) center cut salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from about 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery hearts
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gemelli according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- To poach the fish, bring another pot of salted water to a boil. There needs to be enough water to cover the fish. Place the fish in the water and simmer for 10 minutes. The fish should feel firm to touch. Let cool, then break into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, red onion and dill. Stir in the gemelli, celery and edamame. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Carefully fold in the salmon. Taste one more time. Divide among 4 plates.
Prep: 30 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pasta Association