Chile Rellenos Sandwiches
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 6 slices bread
- 3 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salsa (optional)
- Mash chiles with a fork; spread on three slices of bread.
- Top with cheese and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, adding additional butter if necessary.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
Yield 3 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.