Grilled Chicken Subs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 split bone-in chicken breasts or skinless boneless breast halves
- 1 French baguette
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lemon juice
- Shredded lettuce
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic.
Whisk in the oil a little at a time until the dressing emulsifies. Place the chicken
breasts in a large bowl or baking dish. Pour the marinade over them and turn them
in the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill. When the grill is medium-hot, place the rack over
the coals. Set the bone-in breasts skin side down on the rack. Cover and grill them
for 10 minutes; do not move the chicken until it releases easily from the rack when
you nudge it with tongs. Turn the chicken, cover the grill, and continue to cook
for 8 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- If using boneless chicken, place the breasts on the rack skinned side down. Cover
and grill them for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, recover the grill, and cook for
5 minutes more or until the meat is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it cool.
- Slice the meat. Cut a French baguette lengthwise, then crosswise into 4 pieces.
Toast the bread lightly. Stir the chopped parsley into the mayonnaise and add a
squeeze of lemon juice. Spread the bread with the parsley mayonnaise mixture, fill
it with shredded lettuce and sliced chicken, and serve at once.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.