Grilled Tomato and Brie Sandwiches
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups packaged baby arugula and spinach greens
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices beefsteak tomato
- Cooking spray
- Heat grill, grill pan, griddle or skillet over high heat. Brush one side of each
bread slice with oil; rub with cut sides of garlic. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard
on each of 4 bread slices, oil side down. Top with 1 ounce cheese, 1/3 cup greens
and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining bread, oil side up.
- Coat pan or grill with cooking spray. Cook sandwiches about 2 minutes per side
until lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 234 calories; 11g protein; 27g carbohydrate; 10g fat (5g saturated);
28mg cholesterol; 445mg sodium; 6.5g fiber
Source: Cooking Light magazine, June 2009
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.