- 1 (5 to 6 pound) rump roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Bake roast the day before serving. Place rump roast in roaster or Dutch oven
half filled with water; add salt, black pepper and onions. Bake, covered, in 325
degree F oven for 3 hours. Place roast and liquid in container which can be placed
in refrigerator. Store overnight.
- The next day, remove fat and slice beef in very thin slices. Strain liquid and
add onion salt, oregano, Italian seasoning, monosodium glutamate, garlic salt, basil
and seasoned salt. Bring all ingredients to boiling point and remove from stove.
Place beef slices in layers and pour sauce over each layer. Pour remaining sauce
to cover meat and place in 350 degrees F oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot on hard rolls with pepperoncini.
Yields 12 to 15 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.