Smoked Salmon Monte Cristos
- 8 slices potato-dill bread
- 1/2 cup dill cream cheese
- 12 slices (6 ounces) smoked salmon
- 12 slices (12 ounces) Wisconsin Brie cheese
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
- Lay bread slices out on a clean, flat surface and spread a thin layer of dill cream cheese onto each slice. Divide salmon slices evenly over top of cream cheese on 4 slices of bread. Top with Wisconsin Brie slices and arugula. Place other side of sandwich onto top of arugula and press firmly.
- Mix milk, egg and salt and pepper. Dip sandwiches into egg wash. Place coated sandwiches into a preheated nonstick skillet and cook both sides of sandwiches until golden brown. Remove from skillet, place on sheet pans and place in a 350 degrees F conventional oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
- Keep warm and use as directed. Cut each Monte Cristo into 3 equal pieces, for 12 equal servings.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.