Key Lime Hollandaise Sauce
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- 20 fluid ounces clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons Key lime luice, or more if needed
- Pinch of salt
- Cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Combine egg yolks and hot water in a bowl and thicken over simmering water, whipping
constantly. (Adding a little bit of the lime juice at this point will make the mixture
more stable and less liable to "break."')
- When eggs are a smooth custard, remove from heat.
- Slowly add warm clarified butter, whipping constantly.
- Add Key lime juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Adjust flavor and consistency.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.