City School Pizza
French-Style Pizza Crust
- 2 packages dry or cake yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 pound ground or chopped luncheon meat
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- French-Style Pizza Crust: Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Add flour and salt. Knead until smooth.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Cut into 2portions. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Pat or roll to even thickness in 2 (15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch) jellyroll pans. Set aside.
- Topping: Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt to taste, basil, garlic powder
and luncheon meat. Sauté until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spread sauce on prepared French-Style Pizza Crust in pans. Sprinkle each crust with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese layer is bubbly and browned.
Yield: 24 servings
Source: Los Angeles Times - 9/23/82
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.