Butterscotch Chewy Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs in heavy boiler and add brown sugar. Beat until just blended and heat
until hot, not boiling, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking powder to flour and add all at once to hot mixture. Mix until well
blended, then add nuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour into greased, lightly floured 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- No frosting is needed.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.