Caramel Apple Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) box JELL-O Vanilla or French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch
- Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl with electric
mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in apples
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool for 20 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes,
stirring every 30 seconds until blended.
- Cool for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle over cake.
Yield: 16 servings
Special Extra: Serve topped with thawed Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.