Ranch House Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Biscuits: Combine all dry ingredients and blend well. Cut in butter. Add eggs
and milk to the dry mixture, then blend until combined. If the mixture it too wet,
add a little more flour. Spread dough out with flour-covered hands on a lightly
floured area about 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Spread a thin layer of Filling over the
biscuit dough and the remaining into a baking dish. Roll the biscuit dough up as
a jellyroll. Slice into 1-inch pieces and place the pieces into the wet baking dish
(stick the biscuit pieces together like a puzzle). Bake uncovered.
- When done, turn out immediately by placing a plate over the baking pan, turning
the whole thing upside down, away from your body. Lift the baking dish off the biscuits
and let it set up for a few minutes. Serve warm.
- Filling: Mix the ingredients.
Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup or more of chopped walnuts over the bottom of the baking dish
before adding anything else.