- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (17 ounce) can refried beans
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Longhorn cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the beef in a skillet, crumbling with a fork as it cooks. Drain off the
- Add onion, green chile salsa, chiles, tomatoes and beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir mixture for 5 minutes or until most of the moisture has cooked
- Place tortillas on center rack of the oven and heat until just hot, not crisp
- Remove one at a time to plates and quickly place some meat mixture in the center
of each one.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the cheese and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Roll tortillas around filling and serve immediately.
The burritos may be cooled, wrapped in foil, and refrigerated or frozen for later