Pollo con Coca-Cola
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in rounds
- 2 fresh chile peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
cup uncooked rice
- Rub each piece of chicken with garlic halves; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in cast iron pot. Brown chicken in oil. Add onion, carrots, oregano
and chile peppers, then the water and enough Coke to cover the chicken. Salt and
pepper to taste.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. After 30 minutes cooking time, remove 1 cup
of the liquid and use it, with 1 cup water, to cook the rice.
- Serve chicken on a platter with rice alongside and the vegetables and sauce as
a side dish.
- Serve with salad and lots of French bread to sop up the sauce.
Serves 4 or 5.
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen Recipes
>> Mexican Chicken Recipes