Easy Mexican Taco Meat
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chuck roast
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 bunch very fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatillo
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Cut the roast into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Put it in a large frying pan, pour on the vinegar and let it brown slowly.
Add water to keep the meat from drying as it browns.
- Cut the tomatoes, tomatillo and onion into quarters and add to the frying
- Crush the clove of garlic and add to the pan, along with the chili powder
- Use about half of the cilantro. Chop the leaves and add to the pan. Let
the dish simmer for at least 1 hour. The longer it simmers, the better it is.
Add small amounts of water if needed to keep liquid in the pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.