Cherry Turkey Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups roasted turkey, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated Fontinella cheese
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 day-old artisan-style Italian loaf, cut into small cubes
- Heat oven 350 degrees F. Use 2 tablespoons butter to grease inside of a
2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, cream, milk, Parmesan
- In separate bowl, mix cherries, turkey, thyme, sage, Fontinella, onions
and bread. Place into prepared casserole and pour cream mixture over bread. Place remaining 6 tablespoons butter
in little nubs around top and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Yield: 12 servings