French Canadian Meat Pie
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 grated raw potato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pastry for a two-crust, 9 inch pie
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add the meats, potato and a little water and simmer until the meat is lightly browned and onions and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in allspice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill pastry-lined pie dish with the mixture and cover with top crust. Slash the top crust in three or four places to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for another 40 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.