Hungarian Rakott Burgonya (Layer Potatoes)
- 1 cup commercial sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cold cooked medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup finely diced, fully cooked ham
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- About 45 minutes before serving: Start heating oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into sour cream in small bowl, stir heavy cream and salt until well blended.
- In greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, arrange one third of potatoes; top with egg
slices, then one half of cream mixture. Add another one third of potatoes; sprinkle
with ham; pour over remaining cream mixture; then top with remaining potatoes.
- Toss crumbs with butter and onion salt, and sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Servings: 6 to 8
Nice with tossed green salad for luncheon.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine March 20 2002 at 15:38:38.