Barley with Mushrooms (Scotland)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup barley
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onions in butter 5 minutes; place in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F, stirring once, until barley is tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.