Tea Brack Pudding
This is a variation of bread-and-butter pudding. This is an easy recipe but takes
some time for setting aside and resting.
- 1 (8 x 4-inch) loaf Tea Brack
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Cube 2/3 of the brack loaf and place in large bowl. Crumble the rest into bowl.
- Add melted butter. Toss to distribute the butter. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until pale and thick.
- Pour a cup of hot cream into the egg mixture. Beat well to blend.
- Add the rest of the cream. Beat to blend.
- Pour over the brack in bowl. Allow to soak for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour pudding mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch or similar baking pan.
- Put pudding pan in another pan that's large enough to accommodate
it. Fill larger pan full with cold water.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate pans carefully,
reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes more or until pudding is set.
- Serve with Irish whiskey ice cream or whipped cream.
Vanilla Ice Cream
Make your own favorite vanilla ice cream, replacing the regular sugar with brown
sugar and adding 3/4 cup Irish whiskey per half gallon of liquid, or make this quickie
Irish whiskey ice cream.
Time-saving Irish Whiskey Ice Cream
If you don't have an ice-cream maker, buy 1 gallon of good quality vanilla bean
or coffee ice cream; let it soften, but do not defrost. Add 1/2 cup Irish whiskey, or
more, if desired, stir together, and then refreeze it.
Nutritional information per serving of pudding: 446 calories, 41 grams fat,
5 grams protein, 16 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.