Moroccan Carrot Dip
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green or black olives
- Peel carrots and boil in salted water until very soft. Drain and mash or puree
- Combine with carrots the remaining ingredients except for olives.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Prior to serving, garnish with sliced olives.
Can be served with various breads, raw vegetables or tortilla chips.