(Perch Baked with Sesame Seed)
Serve this with Moroccan Herbed Olives, Pocket Bread or hot cooked rice for a
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seed, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 pound perch fillets
- Ripe olives
- Cook and stir onion in oil until tender.
- Mix sesame seed, water, garlic, salt,
lemon juice and red pepper.
- Lightly brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil;
sprinkle with bread crumbs and parsley.
- Pat fish dry; arrange in baking dish.
- Pour sesame seed mixture over fish; top with onion.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until
fish flakes easily with fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and ripe olives.