Sliced Oranges in Syrup
- 3 seedless oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Cut thin slivers of peel from 1 orange with vegetable peeler or sharp knife,
being careful not to cut into white membrane. Cover peel with boiling water; let
stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat orange peel, water and sugar to boiling; simmer uncovered
until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Pare oranges, cutting deep enough to remove all white membrane. Cut into slices.
- Pour syrup over slices; cover and refrigerate.
- Garnish with sprig of mint if desired.
Yields 4 servings.