Shredded Cabbage Soup (S'chee)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, butter or margarine
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans) condensed beef broth
- 2 broth cans water
- 1 small head green cabbage, coarsely shredded (5 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, with leaves, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- Dairy sour cream
- Dill weed or parsley
- Cook and stir onions in bacon fat in Dutch oven until tender.
- Add beef broth, water, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and celery. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover
and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with sour cream.
- Garnish with dill weed.
Makes 12 (3/4 cup) servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.