Aji De Gallina (Chicken Pepper Casserole)
- 1 (3 pound) chicken or 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 7 slices white bread, crusts trimmed and discarded
- 1 1/2 cups canned milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons banana pepper paste*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- 6 - 8 Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled and cut up
- 12 black olives
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, sliced
- Parsley to garnish
- Cook the chicken in the chicken stock. Remove the chicken and set aside
to cool. Save the stock.
- When cool, cut the chicken into pieces.
- In a separate bowl, soak the bread in the milk. Puree the soaked bread.
- In the oil, sauté the garlic, onion and yellow pepper mixture. Add the pureed
bread, and season with salt and pepper. Slowly add the chicken stock until the
mixture is loose and slightly thickened. Add the olive oil. Continue heating
until smooth and medium thick. At the end of cooking, add the chicken pieces,
Parmesan cheese and walnuts. Continue cooking until the mixture is thick like
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of the serving dish. Spread the chicken
mixture over the potatoes. Decorate with olives, eggs, and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
* Puree peppers with oil to make a paste.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.