Cattle Drive Cornbread
4 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
cups chopped onion
1 to 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
2 tablespoons granulated
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 (16 ounce) can
- Boil a pan of water.
- Mix cornmeal and vegetable oil well in a large bowl. Add just enough of
the boiling water to form a dough that could be made into a ball.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the creamed corn. Mix to blend, then
add creamed corn.
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil. Heat over medium
- Remove one cup of the cornbread mixture from the bowl, and add it to the
- Flatten out the cornbread, and cook as you would a pancake.
>> Cowboy and Ranch Recipes